Feeder Associations Loan Guarantee Program
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All persons are eligible who are residents of BC, are at least 19 years of age and own/lease a farm in BC. Apply to your local association for a membership.
WHAT IS ELIGIBLE?
- Feeder Cattle (heifers/steers) bought through an auction market or private sale
- You may also apply for a loan on your own feeder cattle/calves
- Up to 100% financing available
- Loans cannot be made for feed or facilities
- Year 1 – $100,000.00
- Year 2 – $200,000.00
- Year 3 – $300,000.00
- Year 4+ – $500,000.00
(loan limits are subject to approval by the Association’s Board of Directors)
- A 5% deposit is required for all loans
- Loans are a maximum of 12 months
- All cattle must be branded with the associations brand
- The interest rate is competitive or better than on an individual basis
- Livestock Mortality Insurance
- The association is controlled by its members